Saturday 17 February 2024

First update of the New year

The Christmas period should be a good period to find a time for either painting a few war-gaming figures or work on some railway items. However, this year, I found it difficult to put a side time for either hobbies. Instead, I’ve been gradually trying to organise the new ‘Man Cave’ so that I’ll have room to start on Rospeath Lane. Also, as I seem to have decided on two projects that will keep me going for the foreseeable future, I’ve been sorting out model railway stock that will not be required. These are gradually being put on eBay along with war-gaming models. The proceeds from these sales will go towards the construction of Rospeath Lane and Boscarne Junction.

Since then I found time to print out a full size track plan from Templot. The purpose of this was to get a better impression of size and perspective of the layout. Then, while the wife was away for a day, I laid the track plan out on the living room floor.


Having  the trackplan full size made me realise how much track I have to build. To save some work, I might sideline the Repair Shop until after 2026 and just have a hoist over a pit instead. If I still run out of time, I might skip the construction of the office/engine men's mess building as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment