Saturday, 1 August 2026

The engineers have been on site

The more I considered the proposed alterations to the track plan the more I thought best to do it now rather than in October after Scaleforum. Anyway, as there were no tablets or comments forthcoming to deter me I called in the engineering department.

New rack alignment to access the coaling stage, previous align reduced to a short siding. Also the addition of a long siding running alongside the Running Shed.

While the engineers were on site they made a start on the road over-bridge, retaining walls with steps down from the road to access the MPD.


The Running Shed doorways have also received attention.

Before and after the addition of extra vents.

I think the addition of the extra vents have improved the look of the doorways. Unfortunately, I'd already built the doors so now need to alter them to fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment